Fuad Sawaya named Dealmaker of the Year finalist by ACG New York
June 3, 2011 — Fuad Sawaya has been named by the M&A Advisor and ACG New York as one of the five finalists for “Deal-maker of the Year”. This category is among the 25 categories to recognize and honor New York’s top middle market M&A transactions, leading firms, services and deal-maker of the year.
Mr. Sawaya and the other finalists will be judged by an independent body of experts, who represent a cross-section of the middle market industry. To qualify, the finalists’ transactions had to close between April 1, 2010 and March 30, 2011 and be over $5 million in transaction value. Among the the transactions that Mr. Sawaya participated in were:
- Sale of J.W. Childs Associates, LP/BAML Capital Partners’ portfolio company, Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC, to Apax Partners
- Sale of Centre Partners’ portfolio company, Quickie Manufacturing Corp., to Jarden Corporation
- Sale of Kaz, Incorporated to Helen of Troy Limited
- Advised Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of Blacksmith Brands Inc.
- Sale of Royal Dutch Shell’s car care brands to Illinois Tool Works Inc.
The winners will be announced on June 20th at this year’s inaugural ACG New York Champion’s Awards gala.
The M&A Advisor
Since 1998, The M&A Advisor has been the preeminent organization facilitating connections and recognizing achievement in the top performers of the M&A, turnaround and financing industries through its leading Awards, Summits, M&A ALERTS™ newsletters, M&A LINKS™ social network, M&A MARKET INTEL™ research and publishing service and M&A CONNECTS™ business development services.
ACG New York
ACG New York is the premier association in New York City, representing 900 middle market dealmaking professionals: private capital providers (both equity and debt), M&A advisors, corporate executives, accountants, attorneys and other related service providers.